Ever try to whip up a salad at home and been sorely disappointed because it tastes nothing like the lick-your-plate-clean salad you had at the restaurant?
The secret is in the dressing!
Store bought dressings just don’t have the freshness and intricate flavour profiles that dressings made from scratch does and THAT is what makes OR breaks your salad. Besides, salad dressings from the grocery store are loaded with preservatives and questionable ingredients that our bodies really can do without.
Making your own dressing may sound intimidating, but it’s actually really simple and you can whip up a big batch in less than 5 minutes. Grate, Chop, Combine & Shake. That’s it!
Here is the recipe for my go-to salad dressing.
- Peel and grate the ginger and garlic into the jar
- Chop the scallions and add to jar
- Add 1/2 cup each of EVOO, Rice Vinegar + Soy Sauce (I like my ratios 1:1….but if you like a thicker dressing, add an extra 1/2 cup of EVOO)
- Close lid and shake until well mixed
- Let the flavours mingle for at least 30mins before serving.
*Tip: Store the dressing in the fridge, and run it under some warm water before using to liquify the EVOO.
*Tipx2: Add some fresh fruit (ex. orange, mango, strawberry) to your greens so the sweetness can balance out the savoury flavours and you’ll have a party in your mouth!