I don’t know about you, but when the holiday season rolls around, sweets…and LOTS of it…seem to somehow find their way into my tummy. Generally I have a fortress of self-control and can withhold from indulging, but this time of year makes it extremely hard to resist, even though I know how addicting that sugary tastiness is and that my waistline will regret it after.
So here’s my solution. These guilt-free no-bake chocolate snowballs are incredibly tasty without the processed sugar so you can have your cake and eat it too. Completely guilt-free!!
Two key things that make this dessert a healthy treat is:
- Using medjool dates to naturally sweeten the snowballs instead of artificial sugar
- Using raw cacao powder (instead of cocoa powder) for the chocolate flavour plus the antioxidant boost minus the added sugar
And for the cookers, who aren’t bakers, this no-bake option is the perfect solution for you because you can play around with proportions and flavours.
No-Bake Chocolate Snowballs
Ingredients: yields approx. 18
1/2 cup raw, soaked Almonds*
1/2 cup raw, soaked Walnuts*
12 pitted Medjool Dates
1/4 cup raw Cacao Powder
1 tbsp organic Coconut Oil
1/4 cup, plus 3 tbsp, of shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1 tsp organic Pure Vanilla Extract
1/8 cup Chia Seeds
- Set aside the 3 tbsps of shredded coconut to roll snowballs in at the end.
- Blend almonds and walnuts in food processor until pebbly.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and blend until combined into a sticky mixture.
- Form into teaspoon sized balls and dip into shredded coconut to lightly cover entire ball.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes before serving.
* Soak raw nuts for 10-12 hours in filtered water to make them easier to digest. Rinse and drain them before adding to the recipe.