Without a doubt, quinoa has become a staple SUPERFOOD. And rightfully so, because it’s high in protein to keep you lean, has plenty of iron to keep your blood cells healthy, and it contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains to help your body detox.
Often used as a substitute for rice, quinoa is also used in many salad recipes. But here’s a recipe with a new twist on this popular grain.
These Crispy Quinoa Bites make the perfect healthy appy alternative AND they are packed with so much flavour that you’ll be able to sneak in even more veggies to meet the recommended daily servings.
Crispy Quinoa Bites
Ingredients: Yields about 15 patties
2 cups cooked Quinoa
3 large Eggs (beaten)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 small Onion (chopped)
2 Kale leaves (chopped)
1/4 cup Carrots (grated/finely chopped)
1/4 cup Zucchini (grated/finely chopped)
1 diced Jalapeño (optional)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp Salt
Coconut Oil (for pan-frying)
1. Lightly sautee garlic and onion in a bit of coconut oil. Set aside to cool.
2. Add eggs and salt to cooked quinoa and mix well.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients and let sit for 10-15 mins so the Panko can absorb the moisture.
4. Form into bite sized patties.
5. Heat some coconut oil in a skillet. Pan-fry patties on medium-low heat on both sides until golden brown.
6. Remove from skillet and soak up excess oil on a paper towel if needed.
7. Serve warm with Tzatziki. YUM!