- Eat whatever is easy and convenient during the week just to fill your stomach because you are short on time after a long day at work?
- Enjoy trying new restaurants or meeting up with friends for a good meal out?
- Like going for a few drinks after work to unwind or periodically binge drink on weekends?
- Sometimes opt for fast and processed foods because it’s easy?
That was me not too long ago.
Fried chicken, gravy-drenched poutine, and pretty much anything else that was deep-fried tickled my fancy. Fast, cheap, easy and fake were regulars in my good ol’ diet. Not only did that reflect in acne all over my face, but it also wreaked havoc on my digestive system….AKA my regular staple foods were actually making me very “irregular”.
But I didn’t give much thought to it, and having a fairly quick metabolism the grease factor didn’t impact my figure too much, and so I continued…..until……
I met my now Godmother! We had fairly similar eating habits and at the age of 66, she was diagnosed with colon cancer and ended up getting most of her colon removed.
Her journey to recovery was the first glimpse I had into my future if I kept doing what I was doing.
That coupled with:
- My grandfather passing away from liver cancer
- My uncle leaving us without a goodbye after he suddenly lost his life to nasopharyngeal cancer
- My aunt battling acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- And a dear friend given only a 10% chance of winning a tough fight with stage 4 melanoma
Left me scared sh*tless of this powerful thing called C-A-N-C-E-R, but also incredibly motivated to be in control of my destiny. And so I made it a priority to change my lifestyle, beginning with what I fueled my body with.
First it started slowly, by adding in a bit of fruits and veggies daily while still having my staples. As the fruits and veg became more regular, my body began regulating itself to crave even more fruits and veg, and as a result, I cut back on all the garbage. As I got better with listening to what my body needed, eventually I eliminated all the junkie foods, and even when I try to have them just for old times sake, it’s just not satisfying anymore.
I was on the right track, but I still had no idea whether I could escape the ugly cancer beast. But then I remembered an episode of Dr. Oz talking all about how to prevent cancer, and on that episode the Biophotonic Scanner was featured. The Biophotonic Scanner is the only device in the world that can measure your overall antioxidant health non-invasively.
My first scan score was 28,000 over 2 years ago, and here is my scan score today:
- A good scan score is in the GREEN zone, with a scan score between 40,000-50,000.
- But we all want to aim for the BLUE zone, which is a scan score of 50,000+.
- From my experience though, most people scan in the 30,000 or less range, in the YELLOW, ORANGE, and RED zones…which is a sign you have some work to do to prevent major illnesses and rapid deterioration with age.
If you are looking to have a family in the future, or currently have kids and want to be alive and healthy by the time grandchildren come along, it’s time to take care of your health NOW! Not tomorrow. Not after the weekend. Not after the summer. START TODAY!
If you live in Vancouver or Toronto, I will be hosting scan sessions for anyone interested in getting a snapshot of your current health. Email Me with the subject: Biophotonic Scan and I’ll send along details of upcoming scan dates.
Now I’d love to know where you land on the colour wheel! So let us know your scan score in the comments below. And don’t forget to share this with everyone you care about.